ABC provides industry in-depth information and analysis to the investment and venture capital firms and individual investors who have portfolio or are interested in investing in the Biometrics Companies and new ventures.
In the last 9 years we have completed 58 projects for wide range of customers from investment banking, fund managers, venture capital, major biometrics companies and individual investors.
Our consultants have been directly involved in every large biometric company acquisitions in the last 9 years.
Public and Private Biometrics Companies Analysis
- Company History
- Company position in the market
- Management Analysis
- Customer-base Analysis
- Contracts and Major Accounts Win/Loss Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Business Strategy and Business Plan Analysis
- Product Portfolio and Roadmap Analysis
- What are behind the Public News Releases?
- Industry Insider Information
New Investment / New Venture / New Market Planning and Support in the Biometrics Identification Industry
- Market Analysis, Market Segmentation, Value Chain, Market CAGR
- Disruptive Technology
- IP and Trade Secret Play and Planning
Support IPO, Merger and Acquisition, and Spin-off
- Independent Industry Expertise advice with what works and what does not work.
- Follow up integration, and consolidation planning.
- Introducing the operation efficiencies.
ABC Experts Provide:
- Machine readable Passport, Visa (Machine readable Travel documents – MRTD) and other Secure ID credential Solution System Engineering, Requirements Analysis and Development, Customer Proposal Development, Procurement Management Support, and implementation.
- System applications for ID management software product full life cycle management and quality control with defined performance (Speed and Accuracy) meeting the customers needs.
- Testing, benchmarking and evaluation of MRTD and identification systems, new passports, visa, biometrics ID.
- MRTD and Biometrics Standards, active participation, contribution and knowledge of ANSI/NIST-ITL standards for Exchange of Biometric Data, ANSI/NIST-ITL CDEFFS subcommittee, ANSI/INCITS M1, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC37, ICAO(TAG/MRTD-9303.
Work Products Include:
- Development of masterplan and preparation of Development Project Proposals for introduction of MRTD (MRP and MRV) and Biometrics ID.
- Business Process Re-engineering of passport and visa issuance and preparing organogram for DIP and its Human Resource Requirements.
- System Design and Integration
- Risk Mitigation and Change Management
- Procurement of necessary and related services including training
- Preparation of standard operating procedure for the new system
AFIS and Biometrics Consulting has an extended experience in providing the subject matter expert work in legal proceedings as expert witness. The scope of our services is two fold:
- The IP litigations, corporate and contractual legal cases in biometrics industry;
- The legal cases involving the scientific basis for biometrics identification, comparison and matching two evidence samples for fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, and others.
Facial comparison is becoming a regular case evidence due to the proliferation of the surveillance cameras and all the wearable and mobile cameras capturing the incidents and people involved. We offer the scientific analysis and have served as expert witness in several cases involving the facial comparison and facial recognition, both criminal and fraudulent use of identity cases. The list of legal cases that we have worked on are available for your review, upon request.
Independent Expert Witness – In Court Cases for Analysis of Evidence
- Analysis of the lab reports
- Assess the scientific merits
- The completeness
- Reliability of the findings and examination of the presentations
- Fingerprint evidence
- Facial Recognition and Comparison
Intellectual Property Rights:
- Patents; writing, evaluating, infringements’, scientific merits, scope of the applicability
- Prior art assessment and survey of the state-of-the-art
- Expert testimony
Recent Legal Case Projects
Legal Action Securities and Exchange Commission vs. Company, 2014 –
Expert witness for the Defendants. SEC allegation of fraudulent statements made by the Company – question on the technical correctness of the Company biometric claims. Work involved review of the Company IP, Interview Company CTO and experts, review SEC documents and attend the deposition called by SEC.
Misidentification Case, 2013 –
Expert witness to apply and carry out facial recognition assessment in the case of two bank clients and denial of service and access to their accounts. Completed the Facial Recognition Analysis Report and Submitted to the plaintiffs’ Council.
Verification of Identity Case, 2012 –
Facial Recognition subject matter expert to assess and verify the person attended the court ifrom court picture to the newspaper pictures from few years back.
Contract Legal Case, 2011 –
Facial recognition case for unauthorized use of the client pictures in an advertisement. Analysis completed and submitted to the client attorney.
Criminal Case, 2010 –
Expert witness for the case involving facial image comparison and facial recognition biometrics. This has become the first court case for presenting such a testimony in courts. The core issue is the comparison of a person picture from a surveillance video with high quality mugshot picture and determining whether they are the same person or not. I have prepared four reports on defining the science and the methodology and then the analysis and answers to the Judges question. Judge requested an in-person presentation and Q&A to make a ruling on DA request to disallow my testimony. After four hours of detail Q&A in witness stance, the Judge denied the motion by the DA and approved my testimony to be presented to the jury. I gave my testimony to the Jury and the DA brought FBI Lab Facial Forensic expert as their expert to counter my points.